- Program Associate, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: 3/5/2018
Application Deadline: 2/23/2018
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. The League of Women Voters of New Jersey has a comprehensive benefits package including parental leave, health insurance, and vacation time.
The League of Women Voters of New Jersey is hiring a Program Associate to support the League’s voter education work across the state, support our membership growth, advance voting reforms, and coordinate our exciting Fair Districts New Jersey campaign. Fair Districts aims to reform our redistricting process.
The League of Women Voters of New Jersey is a statewide nonpartisan organization that works to educate and engage voters. We are also a multi-issue advocacy organization working in a wide range of public policy areas, including voting rights, environmental protection, reproductive justice, immigration policy, and education policy.
The ideal candidate will be excited to work for a small, but well-established, non-profit that is seeing explosive growth in recent years.
Represent the League of Women Voters in coalitions seeking to modernize New Jersey elections and advocate for voting reforms at the state level.
Grow the League’s voter education programs including debates, voter registration drives, and get out the vote efforts.
Coordinate the League’s Fair Districts New Jersey campaign, which includes growing the coalition, coordinating volunteers, and executing strategies for winning reforms.
Lobby, produce educational and advocacy materials, and conduct public policy research.
Develop expertise on multiple public policy issues.
Represent the League of Women Voters at statewide events/conferences/etc.
Assist with membership outreach and growing new Leagues.
Assist with development, special events, and communications as needed.
· Experience organizing advocacy campaigns, coalition building, and managing volunteers.
· Strong writing and public speaking skills.
· Experience creating effective communications to win advocacy campaigns.
· Prior knowledge of online advocacy tools a plus.
· Fundraising and grant writing experience a plus.
· Able to manage multiple projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently.
· Extensive travel throughout the state is required and the candidate can expect to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
Job posted on 13th February 2018
Please mention Policy Jobs when applying to this position